CLASSIC LIVESTOCK MANAGEMENT SERVICES OFFER A NUMBER OF SERVICES TO SUPPORT THEIR CLIENTS ACHIEVE MAXIMUM RETURNS, EFFICIENCY AND OUTCOMES.
LIVESTOCK EVALUATION – The cornerstone of the business.
When you take the care to nurture and feed your animals well, it makes sense to be producing livestock that have the ability to reach perfection from a consumer point of view.
* To this end the company are providing a livestock evaluation service that is geared towards producing tender, tasty meat and large quantities of high quality milk.
* This service will be provided by in field evaluators who will be responsible for evaluating and suitably identifying superior stock.
* They will work on a contract basis, structured around their experience and the number of stock they evaluate. The company will charge clients an evaluation fee that will cover the running costs of the service (see fee structure on next pages).
* The company will be concentrating on the provision of a service for the selection of breeding stock that will guarantee that the numbers of stock with the correct genetic traits and trait balance for tenderness and taste increases in the future.
* A service for the evaluation of stock for processing will also be available.
* The main requirement for the company evaluators to be able to carry out an efficient evaluation will be a serviceable set of stock yards and crush.
CARCASS EVALUATION –
* Evaluators will be responsible for following stock through the abattoirs and evaluating them after they are slaughtered to double check their grading and re-identify them.
* It is planned to introduce an electronic identification system as soon as throughput justifies the cost.
* Blood or hair samples will be taken from every animal at this point and recorded to provide a trace back mechanism for the company to follow up on consumer feed back where required.
* Again, evaluators will be paid on a contract basis as above.
PASTURE MANAGEMENT –
* This service will also include grazing management, an integral part of pasture management in all grazing enterprises.
* The company has several members with many years of practical experience in pasture management and grazing systems including controlled and cell grazing.
* It will be available to producers looking at establishing new pastures as well as those looking at making their grazing management practices more efficient and/or intensive.
*Within our company we have people who have been at the forefront of initiating controlled grazing programmes in this country.
* Information will also be available for those producers finishing stock in feedlots in regard to the layout and structure of such enterprises.
FODDER CONSERVATION –
* Diversity of climatic conditions in this country means that there are few areas where stock can survive for a full year without some supplementary feeding.
* This is an important consideration in areas where there is a wide fluctuation in seasonal conditions that lead to peaks and troughs in feed availability.
* It is part of the company’s plan to assist producers to increase the efficiency of their enterprise by increasing returns without major capital input.
* Fodder conservation is a critical issue in drought areas, where forced sale of stock at rock bottom prices is usually followed by having to buy back when the drought breaks at very high prices. The cost of fodder conservation is very small compared with the losses incurred in such a situation.
*This service and our pasture management service are a major part of the company’s aim to promote grass fed beef and provide options to ensure continuity of supply on a year round basis.
* We have experienced people who can discuss a range fodder conservation options with you.
* The company will provide a lead in developing markets for evaluated stock and branded meat products.
* Ultimately, we appreciate that there are experts in this field who have the skills to support the company in reaching its marketing objectives.
*It is not our aim to be a primary marketer of products. There will probably be a necessity for the company to take a leading role initially to support producers using the system to establish markets and the company’s quality standards.
* It is our aim to develop an electronic marketing system for products as one of the key strategies in our marketing plan.
* The company will ultimately co-ordinate, but not necessarily be directly involved in local, national and international marketing of meat products including value added products.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT –
As part of the company’s business development, we are now able to offer a specialised consultancy service for investors and producers in the livestock, and particularly, the cattle industry.
* The company will manage and develop properties for investors and corporate owners to ensure full economic potential is reached using the CLMS system.
* The CLMS goal is to offer a service that is largely performance based and directed to meet the individual needs of each client so that their business has the maximum opportunity for success.
* We can offer many years of combined experience that is the backbone of our company. All of our directors have had a lifetime of experience in the livestock industry and associated businesses. This vast experience has been combined to develop a system of property and livestock management that is indeed a rarity to be able to access.
* The main areas of expertise within the company includes livestock evaluation, livestock feeding and management, pasture and grazing management, fodder conservation, cropping, marketing and financial management.
* There are two main areas that the company see itself as operating in with the provision of this service.
- Investors considering investing in a cattle business.
- Property owners who are not hands on managers such as corporate businesses who own other businesses and require management support in their agricultural venture.
We believe that we can provide a service that will ensure any new business has every opportunity to succeed.
Contact Us to make an appointment